Deutsches Studentenwerk

International students in Germany

How many international students are there in Germany? And where do they come from? Our social survey provides the answers. With our quiz we want to make the results available to the wider public - playfully and simply.

Unfortunately there's no prize, but you will be surprised by some of the answers.

Don't worry; most people who are not experts on the subject will have to guess the answers!

Where do you apply for a “visa for the purpose of studying”?

The visa must be applied for in your homecountry. If you are not already accepted at university, you should apply for a university applicant's visa (Studienbewerbervisum). Do not enter Germany with a tourist visa! You won´t be allowed to stay longer than three months, cannot enrole at university and won't receive a recidence permit! Students who need a visa to enter Germany must convert this into a recidence permit. Contact the Aliens department at your place of recidence in Germany!