Deutsches Studentenwerk

How good is your language ability?

So that you can be admitted on a study course you must have sufficient knowledge of the language. The usual certificates for this are the DSH or the Test DaF. In principle, both examinations are on a par, however, for some courses there are special requirements in the examination result.

The DSH is taken at the local university. Preparation also takes place there. However, more and more of these courses are no longer free of charge.

The Test DaF is slightly different from the DSH. There are test centres all over the world and you can take the examination in any country. Examinations take place five times a year.

Language examinations

More on the exams and tests

More on Test DaF

Search for German language courses

Test your German (in German)