Deutsches Studentenwerk

Temporary accommodation

If you are only looking for short term accommodation, get in touch with the "Mitwohnzentrale" (letting agency). These letting agencies are based in many towns and act as agents for short term accommodation. Mostly these are furnished rooms in private households.

Letting agencies often have accommodation for a few weeks. This can be an advantage if you are just looking for an interim solution.

However, remember that letting agencies are commercially oriented and claim a fee for their services. The extent of the fee usually depends on the length of your term of rent and the amount of rent you pay.