Deutsches Studentenwerk

You must register at your place of residence!

Just as all German citizens do, international students must register their place of residence at the registration of address office / citizens' administrative office.

In Germany, once you have found a flat, a room in student accommodation or a flat share you must register at the residents' registration office within two weeks. This applies every time you move!

To register you need your passport or identification card. It also helps to take your tenancy agreement with you to the registration of address office because you have to give details of your landlord.